Halloween is only a month away and you may not have time to shop for a full costume or you may be struggling to come up with some ideas for what to become on October 31st. If your problem is the latter and you are also a massive fan of using social media then this blog post will be a big help to you. We have found a few ways to become your favourite social media sites this Halloween. These costumes are unique, cost-effective and will definitely be a great conversation topic at a party.
- You need a huge amount of cardboard so that you can fit all of the data you need on the front.
- Cut out a square hole near the top left hand corner. it has to be big enough so you can frame your head in it.
- Design the rest as you please (either with marker or print outs) with the Facebook logo, About You section, Photos, Status Updates and leave a section blank where people can “write something”.
- Stick your head in the profile picture hole and carry the cardboard around.
Tip: If you don’t want to carry a piece of cardboard around all night then why not get a big white tshirt and print your Facebook page out on to it. Get people to sign the tshirt at the party on the night and it would make a great keepsake.
The idea of dressing up as a ghost for Halloween is one of the easiest and oldest fancy dress costumes known to man but why not take the traditional ghost costume and upgrade it to fit into the modern world by becomming the Snapchat ghost.
What you need:
- White solid cardboard and two pieces of yellow card.
- White Sheet
- White T-shirt
- White Pants
- Double sided Cellotape
- Use the double sides tape to help stick the two pieces of yellow card to the white solid cardboard.
- Pierce a hole near each corner so that you have a place to put the string/rope through.
- Put the string/rope through the holes. Have enough string/rope so that you can place the cardboard on your back like a school bag.
- Put the white sheet on and the put the yellow background on like a backpack and then you have become the Snapchat ghost!
To make an Instagram costume, you can follow the same instructions as the Facebook costume and you should come up with something like this:
There’s also another alternative where you can become the Instagram logo with a bit of fashion creativity and arts & crafts.
What You Need:
- Hot Glue Gun
- Beige Shirt
- Materials (cotton or felt) in black, brown, tan, green, blue, red & yellow.
- Alphabet Stickers
- Using the pieces of material re-create the Instagram logo by cutting out pieces of the coloured materials and sticking them on to the beige shirt. Cut them all out before sticking anything on so that you have an idea what it will look like.
- Stick on the alphabet stickers to say “Instagram” or “#NoFilter” or “Happy Halloween”.